Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Hanukkwanzimas! (Journal#49)




To all of my friends and family who celebrate this time of year in many ways, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza and Merry Christmas! I owe the title of this blog to Mr. B, a retired teacher in the school I loved teaching in so much "Sandburg Middle School", who coined this phrase into an awesome song one year at a staff breakfast! He was the funniest, craziest teacher I've known, who loved the alternative education tweens that I taught, even though they were outcasts in the mainstream classroom. He was able to bring all people together with laughter, no matter their differences, religion, color of skin, attitude, ability, ethnicity, background, socio-economic status, etc..........


To all the Mr. B's out there that will embrace all children they teach, and who help people to accept one another...you will be the teacher's, that will make the world our children with Autism enter, an easier one. Thanks Mr. B!


A Twist of Faith

So we are all different, including our kids on the autism spectrum, but we all can be one in the spirit and working together to make this a better place for everyone during this meager time on earth. Everyone is a gift from God with a special gift to offer.

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.”

~1 Corinthians 12:4

1 comment:

KC's Blog said...

Hello! Merry Christmas to you and the family! I have heard my Mom say Chrismukkah but I like the title Mr. B. came up with! It includes everyone, that is very touching:)